Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to anyone reading/following this thing. I've gotten quite a bit of work in over the last couple of weeks, despite the crappy weather. I got out on Christmas Day for a while and hit balls and worked on putting & chipping. Today I got out and shot a respectable 69 in a pretty good wind. Lately it seems that at least once in every round I knock something in there rediculously close to the pin. Today's shot of the day was a punch 7 iron into the breeze. It hit 6 feet behind the pin and backed up to within 8 inches.

There is a set of blades from about 2 years ago that caught my eye a couple if weeks ago. I found a set of used ones here in town for $400, which seems steep for what's probably going to be nothing more than an experiment. I bought a set off of ebay today for $155...much better. They already have s4oo TT shafts in them, which is slightly stiffer than stiff. I used this shaft in my irons in college with some success. I can't wait to get these things on the course.

I also added another wedge to the bag. I put in another black pearl Cleveland...this one a 60 degree with only 4 degrees of bounce. I LOVE THIS WEDGE!!! I've carried L wedges for years but rarely found one that I really liked. I think it's the bounce that's making it easier for me. I took out a Black Pearl 58 degree, which had way too much bounce at 12 degrees. This new wedge is probably going to be in my bag for a very long time.

No comments: