Friday, May 1, 2009

I've managed to resist the whole "hybrid" movement for quite some time now, but caved today. Agfter hitting a dozen shots with the new club I could kick myself for not doing this sooner. I hate the way they look, but these clubs perform pretty well. Lets face it...if the best players in the world use them, they can probably help the rest of us to some degree.

This one is a couple of years old, but is exactly what I was looking for. It's a 2i hybrid. I normlly don't play with a 3 iron and carry a 5 wood. But tring to take something off of a 5 wood can be tricky, especially in wind. This 2i thing should be easier toback off of when I need a 3 iron distance. I was able to dial it down and hit it about 2oo by choking up on it, and got a couple on the green at about 237 by swinging away. That's a pretty handy spread to be able to hit a club.

So, about 2 weeks out from my first qualifying tournament, here's what's in the bag.

Ping G10 9 degree driver
Cleveland High Bore XLS 3-wood
Cleveland duo 2i hybrid
Cleveland CG2 irons, 4iron-PW
Cleveland CG12 Black Pearl 52 Wedge
Cleveland CG12 Chrome 56 Wedge
Cleveland CG12 Black Pearl 60 Wedge
Ping Isoforce Darby F (prototype, 1999)

No comments: